Supervision is a time to explore your own client work in a reflective space and the opportunity for you to reach your potential as an individual and a counsellor in a supportive environment.
Receiving professional support which is separate from your work offers you the opportunity to look at issues and relationships which might not feel appropriate or available within the workplace. You may have concerns about your client work, the impact this has on your life, professional challenges, and relationships within work.
Supervision will be held in a sensitive and safe environment within an independently supportive relationship and can help you towards a better understanding of yourself and a clearer picture of the issues you bring to the sessions.
I offer supervision to individuals and groups. I have experience of supervising both individuals and groups of counsellors. In addition I have supervised student counsellors and social work students for the past ten years.
- Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling 1999
- Certificate in Alcohol and Substance Misuse 2001
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling Practice 2002
- Certificate in Supervision 2003
- Certificate in Person-Centred Art Therapy 2005
- Accredited Member of BACP 2006
- CTC Mountain Bike Trail Leader 2011
- First Aid Certificate
- Enhanced DBS